[Bf-python] metaballs

Michel Selten michel.s at home.nl
Tue May 20 22:08:48 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-05-19 at 20:09, guignot wrote:
> I plan to work on the metaball module. If someone else is currently
> working on it, please let me know!

I guess nobody is working at a metaball module yet. But to be honest, I
would like to see you finish up the Curve and Effects modules first.

For example, not all of the get... functions are checking if the
arguments provided are within their boundaries. Checking for the
argument type is not enough.
For example, Curve_setTotcol expects an integer. a curve->totcol is only
a short. So this is going to fail somehow if the integer provided to
Curve_setTotcol is larger than a short.

I know, this is going to be a tedious job, but when writing a module,
you should think what a user could possibly do. Even the ultimately
crazy things.

Could you please describe the api (for both the Curve and Effect module)
as I asked in a previous mail? A user is interested what a function is
meant to do, what the inputs are, and what exceptions can be expected
when doing something wrong. This is vital information for testers
writing scripts and for users using your modules.

Since you are writing new modules, that have no specified api yet, a
little document is asked. This has been decided on at the last meeting.

Because of these issues I'm currently a little hesitant on committing
your effect module.

With regards,
	Michel