[Bf-python] Some short questions

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Tue May 20 21:39:17 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-05-20 at 07:33, Jordi Rovira i Bonet wrote:

> Is that what we want? Actually, the two python objects are wrapping the
> same C Lamp, so modifying properties on one will modify the properties
> of the other, and the objects are not recognized to be the same at
> python level.
(...)
> The solution i've adopted redefines the comparison function of the
> python objects at C level and compares the pointer. Another side benefit
> of this is the capability to establish a strong ordering criteria... but
> this is secondary.

You're right, Jordi, thanks for pointing that out.  We'll fix the
comparison in the modules where this applies.

> A decission ON UPPER/LOWER cASe ShOUlD bE MADE HeRe...
Hey!  Easy on us! ; ).  Don't worry, we'll clean exppython, beautify the
code, etc. after we get it to the point of replacing 2.25.  Even the dir
structure and some filenames will probably need to be changed to mimic
other Blender dirs.

> Another issue, is that i don't allow to modify the hierarchy of bones,
> only to read it and change the properties of the bones (no reparenting).
> Mainly, because i still don't know if blender has standard functions to
> deal with the lists it uses or if it has functins to made this
> modifications with the hierarchy at C level but maintaing the
> consistency (when a parent point to a children, the children must point
> to the parent...). Is it ok if the first version of the armature module
> is restricted this way?
Yes, no problem there.  After the first Blender version with your module
available, you'll much probably get feedback from others needing
armature / bones functionality and an updated version will be a natural
step.  We just shouldn't release broken, unusable modules.

Thanks for your help, please feel free to point other problems you
encounter, that's valuable to us.

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br