[Bf-python] VRML Import/Export script

Stephen Doughty swdoughty at yahoo.com.au
Mon May 19 03:55:21 CEST 2003

Hi,

I've been working on python export scripts for a while
now and have have an ASE export script and a VRML2
dialect export script available.

I'd like to have a go working on the needed VRML
import/export script.  I've been learning how to use
.draw and .BGL so am also quite keen to have a go at a
newbie proof user interface for the script.

I don't have any experience at OOP so would use a
conventional approach (would be useful to learn OOP!!)

If the powers that be are interested, please email me
with more info.

Idea:
I wonder if import/export scripts could be scripted
into the File> (or other) menus.  Have a script dir in
the blender dir and links to the scripts in that dir
gets incorporated in the menu options when blender
starts.

Well crafted scripts could well be indistinguishable
from hardcoded blender functions.

Cheers Stephen