[Bf-python] some questions

guignot guignot at wanadoo.fr
Fri May 16 23:41:40 CEST 2003

I'm still poking in blender code (btw, the very first time I had a look,
I thought it was awful. Mix of C and C++, intern comments too short (or
even in Dutch ), bad names standardization. I slowly discover the
internal design of Blender, and I really like it, simple clear and logic)

An Object class has a struct Material **mat member. Where can I get the
number of materials ?
Suppose the Object has a data pointer which points to a Mesh for
instance. The Mesh has itself a struct Material **mat member.
Which is the "good" material ? The Object's one, or the Meshe's ? How
many materials has the Mesh?

Last but not least, the Material class has a Material *ren ? What is
this pointer supposed to point to ?

Sorry to bother you with these questions, but I heard many programmers
(jms for instance) complaining about the difficulty to access an
object's material.

See ya!