[Bf-python] armatures again

Jordi Rovira jordi at diables-onyar.org
Tue May 13 09:32:00 CEST 2003

Hello,

    Some weeks ago i posted a patch in the bf-committers mailing list
with additions to allow accessing armatures with bone hierarchy and
vertex weights. I used the old 2.25 API implementation and was asked by
Michael to port it to the experimental python implementation, which is
far more clear.
    Well, i've done so (using lamp.[ch] as template) and have
armature.[ch]). I've changes many things from that patch. Mainly, i use
a redefinition of the comparison function which compares the C pointers
to decide equality. This avoids the need to create all the bone
structure when getting an armature object to keep coherence between
wrapping objects. Now a wrapping object is created each time you ask for
a bone using getParent or getChildren, and they can be compared.
    A problem is that i need to wait for the mesh wrapper to allow
accessing vertex weights. The question is... and now what? :)

(bandoler)