[Bf-python] How should we implement object material access?

Jonathan Thambidurai jonthambi at comcast.net
Mon Jun 23 05:44:38 CEST 2003

	You may recall that I recently posted an implementation of
Object_getMaterials().  After running it a few times, I realize that it
doesn't work.  The material pointers stored in the blender (C) object
struct are not used (they are always NULL).  Instead, the said material
pointers are kept in the data portion of a blender object (like Mesh or
Curve).  Should we have cases for the different types of data in the
Object_getMaterials() function or (maybe this is breaking the spec.)
have seperate getMaterials() functions for each of the types of data
(e.g. Mesh_getMaterials(), Curve_getMaterials(), etc.) ?

--Jonathan Thambidurai