[Bf-python] povanim

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Wed Jun 11 05:06:27 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 22:29, Jacques Guignot wrote:
> povanim launches correctly, the module is loaded, and the GUI seems ok.
> It can't be further tested, because there is no Scene module.
>
> Will test it later.

Well, there is a Scene module, already.

I tested my own scripts yesterday.  The ac3d importer crashed Blender,
argh!  Nasty bug somewhere, causing a SIGSEGV.  The script crashes while
parsing a .ac file, long before importing/using the Blender module.  But
it doesn't crash when I remove the part that imports Blender.  Bad, bad
... gdb says the error is in a visit_decref() function in the Python
lib, but I'll have to download and compile my own Python to be able to
see the code in gdb.  Also, the error may not happen with newer Python
versions, who knows.

Well, if it doesn't disappear by luck while we review the available
modules, test them, etc., I'll download the Python source.  I've also
read about memory issues in Python, since it may be related to lack of
memory, stack size, etc.  The docs say the Python interpreter handles
that dinamically.

Well, that's what tests are for, and it's test time.

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br