[Bf-python] beginner

Jacques Guignot guignot at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jun 9 01:48:40 CEST 2003

ninguna wrote:

>HI!!
>I really want to program in C and phyton, I study System Ingenieer and
>I belive that I can Help programming but I don't know how
>where is the cvs server, the main page, etc. Thanks

I think the very first task would be to download blender source code and
compile it on your system (unless you are a programmer who does not need
to compile and test his code, and ***knows*** it will run without
modifications :-) )

the cvs server adress is :

http://projects.blender.org/cvsx/?group_id=9

the explanations are on the site himself.

The python api is at  blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x.

If you don't understand things, ask on the list, or join
irc.freenode.net  channel #blendercoders  or #blendersauce, ask for
Michel, IanWill, Larstiq (eventually Kaito, but only for emergency!) or
guignot (but I'm a newbie too ...)

The compilation for Linux is not difficult, just follow the instructions
in the doc directory. For other OSes, I don't know, but I often hear
from Windows users who can't compile.

When compiling, add the -ansi flag in Makefile for the new API.

Last but not Least : Welcome!