[Bf-python] another crash :( and the patch :)

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Fri Jun 6 19:56:44 CEST 2003

Hi, Guignot

>> With some python scripts with syntax errors, blender crashes because
>> it tries to use the traceback.
> The following line should be added in BPY_interface.c, line 177
> if(!tb) {printf("Can't get traceback\n");return;}

This bug with syntax errors crashing exppython Blender was my fault.  I
thought I had fixed it a couple of weeks ago, though.

Looking again at that code, it seems to properly handle syntax errors.
Error handling in Python can be a little tricky, though.  Do you have
any example script where syntax errors still crash Blender?

Thanks for the patch : ).  It's applied now, probably one line below
what you indicated.  I'll commit later today.

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br