[Bf-python] formulas for Armature deformation

Jacek Popławski jpopl at interia.pl
Fri Jun 6 15:54:52 CEST 2003

On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 03:43:57PM +0200, Jordi Rovira i Bonet wrote:
> Now, you can access the bone hierarchy and orientation in loc,rot,size
> form, i don't know if it's relative, but i would say it is not. If it
> works like the object transformations, then it's even more complex and
> to be usable, matrices will need to be made accessible, and use them
> instead of the curent transform.

I think I will just construct Armature hierarchy in C++, every bone will have
parent and it will be easy to calculate everything.

> The vertex weight is also accesible.

But weight for each group, right?

I think when your implementation (and NMesh!) will work I could construct
simple SDL/OpenGL viewer in one evening. I hope there will be place on
blender.org to put it as reference :-)

--
Free Software - find interesting programs and change them
NetHack - meet interesting creatures, kill them and eat their bodies