[Bf-python] formulas for Armature deformation

Jacek Popławski jpopl at interia.pl
Fri Jun 6 15:43:36 CEST 2003

On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 07:24:27AM -0600, Chris Want wrote:
> The function that creates the display list for a mesh
> that is deformed by and armature is object_deform
> in source/blender/blenkernel/intern/lattice.c.

Thank you!

> A quick skim through the functions in those
> files show that the algorithm used is quite
> close to what you describe,

Yes:

        vec[0]+=(cop[0]-co[0])*weight;
        vec[1]+=(cop[1]-co[1])*weight;
        vec[2]+=(cop[2]-co[2])*weight;

Looks like co is bone position before transformation, and cop is after it.
So in exporter I need to read weights for vertices and transformation of every
bone in every frame.

--
Free Software - find interesting programs and change them
NetHack - meet interesting creatures, kill them and eat their bodies