[Bf-python] Problems

maci_ray maci_ray at yahoo.de
Wed Jul 30 14:22:15 CEST 2003

 --- Jacques Guignot <guignot at wanadoo.fr> schrieb: > maci_ray wrote:

> >How about scripts, that register itself?
>
> Seems interesting, but I did not perfectly understood...  ;-(
> Could you elaborate on that? (I'm a poor old programmer, don't
> understand quickly, and I need accurate explanations...)

I can't tell you the Python/C calls, nor do I know if that is completely
possible.

The idea is to have in a script a section called RegisterMe or a class
with a method RegisterMe. When called it calls back BPY and registers
itself to the menu. On every start of blender (preferably) or every open
of the menu, the RegisterMe Method of the found scripts are searched/called.

So the script could decid itself where to appear; without any extra
description files.

Maci_Ray.