[Bf-python] Problems

Manuel manuelbastioni at tin.it
Mon Jul 28 22:49:50 CEST 2003

> Povanim is not open source and not GPL either, just free to use .
>
> So nothing  inhibits you, but nothing really  constrains you (as Povanim
>  is rather a useful and living script), to try to write a rival ...

Actually I develop only YableOOP, and after this I must
continue the development of MakeHuman...

However, if the future Yable will be useful and robust, I think that
a little try to convert the classes to export in other formats can be
done...

But really....why Povanim isn't open source?
If you release it GPL, you have the copyright...I think
that your script is famous, and no people want pinch
your efforts...

Furthemore...a software not GPL can't be distribuited
in GPL package, and this can be a limit for your script.
I'm not rival of you, but I think that a GPL tool like Povanim
(even inferior, but GPL) must exist...

Regards,

           Manuel