[Bf-python] module IPO

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Sat Jul 19 02:44:48 CEST 2003

On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 06:36, jms wrote:
> > Yes, but it's probably possible to integrate the old cold in
exppython,
> > as done with NMesh, Draw and BGL.  This is not a good solution,
though,
> > it's much better to have your module in shape.  And for that, people
> > interested, like jms, please give feedback.
Of course I meant "code", not "cold" ... ack!

> I prefer this solution.

I took a look at the relevant files.  Ipo is indeed "problematic".  It's
C file is rooted in the "DataBlock" concept that was left unfinished and
Michel decided early on not to follow (a good decision, btw, things are
much more readable without it).  And it's .py file is not simply a
wrapper, it adds a lot of things.  So a rewrite from scratch is probably
simpler than integrating it in exppython.

It's indeed better to help Jacques improve his Ipo implementation,
making it have all good features available in the previous one.  He
wrote it, knows it and takes care of the new code, that's important.

> > It is documented in the 2.25 docs, though I have no idea how much of
> > that actually works.
>
> Pretty well. There is the midi plugin.
(...)
> And I also  wrote some scripts:

Thanks for the info (and thank you, too, Chris, that page is very
interesting).  As Jacques said, he'll try to implement the
missing functions.

BTW, Jacques: Curves (including IpoCurves) have many internal types.
We'd better discuss about them later, considering that things like path,
key and nurbs will be added, too.  It looks like the way to go is to do
like Jordi's Armature and the old NMesh, for example, do.  Good topic
for some irc chatting one of these days : ).

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br