[Bf-python] small modifs proposal

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Sat Jul 12 15:15:32 CEST 2003

On Fri, 2003-07-11 at 16:32, Jacques Guignot wrote:
> hi!
>
> Should I commit these modifications?

> remove the size/loc/rot in Curve.c (may confuse users)
> remove the doc of size/loc/rot in doc/Curve.py

Your decision.  If they shouldn't be there, from things you
learned/thought later, it's a new module, you're free to change it.

> add a Lens attribute in Camera.c (needed by yable)
> add a block_type attribute in Lamp.c  (needed by yable)

Argh, compatibility ... block_type is totally meaningless for exppython
... we can add them (but not document neither let them appear in the
__members__ var in getAttr, so that dir(Blender.Lamp) and
dir(Blender.Camera) don't show them.

But Jacques, maybe it's better not to carry these bad things in 2.28.
They are such minor things (we have lens and we have Blender.Types, for
type checking).  The problem in adding them is that to really support
it, we'd have to include them in all basic modules.  The _Blender module
is another thing we won't have, for sure, also totally meaningless.

Did you talk to the yable author(s) ?  It's probably better to ask them
to update it (or send them the changes).  Of course we can discuss this
better via email or on irc this weekend ... The script authors will have
time before 2.28 to update their scripts, we've only left a few minor
things to be fixed.

The layer attribute is necessary info.

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br