[Bf-python] A bug in new python?

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Fri Jul 11 14:55:41 CEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-09 at 06:24, Manuel wrote:
> I originally want to see if another bug of  old python is fixed:
> in the old python the update() don't work with GetRawFromObject().
>
> Have you notice of this?

In NMesh.c, function NMesh_GetRawFromObject() there's this at the end:
------------------
/* hack: to mark that (deformed) mesh is readonly,
 * so the update function will not try to write it:
((BPy_NMesh *) nmesh)->mesh = 0;

return nmesh;
------------------

What this means is that in NMesh_update(), for meshes acquired with
GetRawFromObject(), a new mesh object is created, always.

So it should work, but always create a new object of type mesh.  Is this
what you referred to?

It is probably related to display lists, from the code above the part I
reproduced here.  There may indeed be a bug there, maybe they only meant
that meshes with display lists (an optimized version of the mesh for
faster OpenGL drawing) should be readonly, but ended doing it for all
meshes.  I'll take a better look at it later, after our next
pre-release.

Thanks for reporting : ).

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br