[Bf-python] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x Curve.c Curve.h

Michel Selten michel.s at home.nl
Thu Jul 10 21:38:40 CEST 2003

Hi Jacques,

On Wed, 2003-07-09 at 23:18, guignot wrote:
> guignot (guignot) 2003/07/09 23:18:35 CEST
>
>   Modified files:
>     blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x Curve.c Curve.h
>
>   Log:
>   change the values of the functions get/set size/loc/rot to lists.

I'm wondering if this was a good choice. I must admit that I didn't give
a reaction on using the lists in one of your last mails.

Using lists for some methods and functions is ok. But, I would like to
keep things the same across all other modules.
In the Object module, there's the loc, rot and size attributes along
with the getLocation, getEuler and getSize functions.
To make is easier for the users, I'd suggest to at least keep the
function names the same and use the same method for passing the
variables to these functions.

>   added the attributes loc, rot, size

The Object module also has the locX, locY and locZ variables. (The same
applies for rot and size.) Maybe it would be nice to have these for the
Curve module as well.

The way the Object module handles the above functions, methods and
variables, was defined in previous versions of Blender. Since we tried
to keep compatible as much as possible, I did not change that method.
For new functionality, I'd suggest to at least stay consistent among the
modules. It would really confuse users as to what function to use, and
how to use it.

With regards,
	Michel