[Bf-python] user feed back

Jacques Guignot guignot at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jul 7 02:37:17 CEST 2003

Hi!

I received a mail from a french blender artist (dwarf, maybe you already
know him?), which is very interesting, and presents some TODOs and some
guidelines which, I think, should be very seriously considered...

a) a list of scripts should be accessible(?)  from the main interface,
with a button "exec plugin", allowing the user to load and execute
directly a plugin (the "old" way with Alt-P should of course been kept)
 >>> Does not seem difficult. I think I can do it.

b) Sripts should be made "permanent", ie been kept when the user changes
his working screen, and theur parameters should be kept in memory.
 >>> Does not seem difficult. I think I can do it. btw, I never tried to
change wk screen...

c) Scripts should be able to interact directly with the current object
(Mesh, Material, etc...)
 >>>I am not sure to fully understand. I can ask dwarf to elaborate on that.

d) Some important functions that are accessible from the interface, like
extrude, share, warp (csg?) should be accessible from the API.
 >>> Seems difficult. I think I can ***try*** to do it.

e) python scripts cannot change the rendering process (this task has
been devoted to Sequences plugins, but these plugins are not so that
easy to write.)
 >>> Seems difficult. I think I can ***try*** to do it.

Your opinion, please!