[Bf-python] Importing python code from textwindow as a module

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Wed Jul 2 13:50:38 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-01 at 23:43, John wrote:
> I am changing modules that are in the blender "Sandbox". Then to have it
> use the updated modules I have to quite blender and restart it. It is
> like the modules aren't being unloaded after the script is done.    John
> Harris

Hi, John

There's no "Sandbox" in Blender yet.  Blender exppython (or NewPy) is
working without any restrictions of such type.  About modules not being
unloaded, you can put "print dir()" at the start of your script to
confirm if the Python global dictionary is new or not.  If on a second
run it contains symbols you only define later in the script, then it is
persistent.

Also, check the console.  If you see a msg telling you that the dict is
new, then it should be.  Could you send us or point us to some script we
could use to reproduce what you're saying ?

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br