[Bf-python] Request: 3d cursor event

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Sun Dec 7 00:32:33 CET 2003

Hi Manuel,

> A god solution will be a cursor3D event: when the cursor is moved,
> a event is passed to script (in this example, it will be automatically
"snap
> to middle"). It's possible?

> CheckCursorPos(50)  mean every 50 millisec the cursor position get,
and
> if it's different from previous, an event is generated.

Yes to both, but probably not the best alternatives, since an automatic
method like this "forces a behavior" -- any time you changed the cursor
position, it would try to snap to the middle, for example.

While I work on the integration, I also think about related issues and
this is another one I'll consider, like the need of a timer mechanism.
Of course others here can also come up with ideas.

We need a good general mechanism, maybe mixing the idea of scriptlinks
and registered callbacks in menus, to let scripts interact more with
Blender.  For example by letting them register commands (that call
functions in the script or call specific tiny scripts) in a special
entry in the toolbox.

Maybe not for 2.32, but we're working : ).

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br