[Bf-python] Request: 3d cursor event

Manuel Bastioni manuelbastioni at tin.it
Sat Dec 6 20:42:19 CET 2003

Hi...
before, a little notice: a team of developers are working
on a BlenderCAD. Thanks to new functions like a GetCursorPos(),
now we have done a simple snap module, and a primitive module
is already done.

THE PROBLEM

To snap the cursor, for example in a middle point of a line, now
we must done this operation:
go in the 3d view, move the cursor near the line,
return ON the script window, and press "snap to middle".

If we have a lot of point to snap, this operation is really boring.

A god solution will be a cursor3D event: when the cursor is moved,
a event is passed to script (in this example, it will be automatically "snap
to middle"). It's possible?

If not, another solution can be a sort of CheckCursorPos(time),  used like:

CheckCursorPos(50)  mean every 50 millisec the cursor position get, and
if it's different from previous, an event is generated.

Thanks,

               Manuel