[Bf-python] Some questions on 2.28 documents

Tatsuya Nakamura BlenderM at n.email.ne.jp
Sat Aug 30 06:52:22 CEST 2003

Hi, all.
I have check out the excellent Python documentation for 2.28 and have
some quesitions on it. Maybe, some of my questions are related with
the new features of Blender 2.28 and I have not check the new features
all over. However, I am writing my own Python reference documents for
Japanese Blender fans and need some answers to solve my questions
as soon as possible.
Sorry for my long mail and I really apporeciate you if you help me or give
some hints for resolving my questions.

Followings are my questions list:
1-a) Curve class "getControlPoint"
1-b) Curve class "getMode"
2-a) Effect class "minfac"
2-b) Effect class "getType"
3) World class "mode"
4) Metaball class "getMetadata"

Now I explain all of my questions.:
1) Curve class

1-a) About "getControlPoint" method. The document says
"Returns depends upon the curve's type,
 type bezier : a list of three coordinates,
 type nurbs  : a list of nine coordinates."

I made a test script like this.:
 >> from Blender import Curve
 >> # Get a Bezier Curve in current scene
 >> c = Curve.Get('Curve')
 >> print c.getControlPoint(0,0)
 >> print c.getControlPoint(0,1)
 >> # Get a Nurbs Curve in current scene
 >> c1 = Curve.Get('Curve.001')
 >> print c1.getControlPoint(0,0)
 >> print c1.getControlPoint(0,1)
 >> print c1.getControlPoint(0,2)
 >> print c1.getControlPoint(0,3)
(Before run this script, you need to put a Bezier Curve and a Nurbs Curve
in current scene.)
And the result of this script are like this.:
-1.5, -0.5, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0.0, -0.5, 0.5, 0.0]
0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 2.0, 0.0, 0.0]
 >> [-1.5, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0]
 >> [-1.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1.0]
 >> [1.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1.0]
 >> [1.5, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0]
The first two lines are for the points on the Bezier and the next four lines
are for the Nurbs. It seems that these results are different from what the
document says. Does any one explain the result about it? I attached my
test blend file (sampleCurves01.blend) which includes my script to this
mail.

1-b) About "getType" method. The document says "The mode of the curve
is a combination of 4 parameters. Bits 0,1,2 : "Back", "Front" and "3D".
Bit 3 : "CurvePath" is set. Bit 4 : "CurveFollow" is set."
I can see the three options ("Back", "Front" and "3D") for Bit 0,1,2 on the
Blender's Buttons window.
What do the rest of Bits ("CurvePath" and "CurveFollow") mean?

2) Effect class

2-a) What is the "minfac" of the wave effect? I cannot find this value
on the
Buttons window.
2-b) There is no "type" variable in this class, however, there are two
methods
"getType" and "setType". What are these methods for?

3) World class

There is no explanation about the variable "mode". Is it not implemented
on 2.28?

4) Metaball class

What are those five parametors "expx", "expy", "expz", "rad", and "rad2"
represents?
I cannot see the correspondent parametors with them on the Buttons window.

That's all.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Tatsuya Nakamura.