[Bf-python] Vertex Influence for no-armatured objs

Gilbert, Joseph jgilbert at tigr.org
Thu Aug 28 17:58:32 CEST 2003

That's what I was thinking too!! So, although, I know im not a developer or
anything, I am working on this now. (have mercy) :o
I was thinking something like this:
-Select group by name/index,
-Adding/removing a named group,
-Adding/removing a list of vertex points to/from a group,
-Returning a list of vertices (dVerts) from a group.
I added group selection to nmesh, but it wasn't complete because you need to
enter editmode through python first.(it works on objects in editmode
already) I am also trying to document editdeform.c and editmesh.c to help me
in my quest (attached is work in progress on annotation). My dilemma is that
this (or someof it) might be more appropriate as part of the object module
than the nmesh module because although deform verts are part of the mesh
data(and it's associated object) the deform groups are part of the object
the mesh is linked to. //i.e. you can't select deform groups when no object
is associated with a mesh data block ('cause they 'aint there), although you
could assign groups to dVerts in the mesh (but the groups don't really exist
if there is no object for the mesh data).  So it's probably better in the
object module than in nmesh.
I'm still chuggin along though :)  If someone else does it too/first that's
also o.k. with me :) Just trying to contribute is all!!