[Bf-python] global dictionary

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Sun Aug 10 08:00:51 CEST 2003

Hi Stephen,

On Sat, 2003-08-09 at 16:39, Stephen Swaney wrote:
> This does not seem to apply to global scriptlinks.  I can run
> my frameChanged script with Alt-P and it shows this behaviour.
> Running it from the frameChanged scriptlink, it seems to be
> 'forgetful'.

Oops, I'm always forgetting scriptlinks (since Michel has done almost
all the work on porting them and I've never actually used them in
Blender)...  thanks for reminding, the proper solution for persistent
data will have to support scriptlinks, too, of course.

> On a separate topic:
>
> Recently, at SIGGRAPH, there was a BOF session for blender users.
> It was well attended, more people than were planned on.   Quite a
> few people expressed interest in blender's import/export capabilites.
> In addition to traditional animation users, there was someone from
> NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory and guys from the U.S Marine
> Corps and Navy who were doing simulation and visualization work
> with blender.  Blender at NASA!  WOO WOO!

That's good to know this, thanks : ).

> The new python implementation will make it possible
> to write the necessary importers and exporters.  You guys have been
> doing a very thorough job and deserve a collective pat on the back.
> Many thanks.

I guess I can speak for Michel and Jacques (and Jordi), too: it's been a
pleasure, specially because of all the support from you guys interested
in Blender Python and the many and great scripts already available or
still being developed.  We'll really enjoy to see what the future will
bring : ).

"Collective" pat on the back ... doesn't that hurt? ; )

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br