[Bf-python] Two questions

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Thu Aug 7 22:38:28 CEST 2003

Hi,

On Thu, 2003-08-07 at 16:42, Tomas Golembiovsky wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have two questions for you.
>
> The first is: Can I display some notification through Python? I thing
> something like the "Python script error" message or something like the
> little menu that displays when you want to make an object Single user.

This is on my "unwritten" TODO for the Draw module.  I know it works for
gui-less scripts, but (as you can see for yourself with buggy scripts
that initialize the gui before reaching their error) with a gui set
there is probably an issue still to be investigated.

> And the second is: How can I find out that the mesh is Double-sided? The
> mode parameter that faces have seems to don't work. (or it is something
> else?)

I'll have to redo the "flags" part of NMesh, it's kind of bogus for a
mesh, but maybe ok for its face flags.  For per face double-face flag,
you need to make the faces double sided (enter face mode in Blender and
go to the paint buttons win).  Haven't tried it myself, though.

So, these two are on the list of improvements for 2.29, hopefully.

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br