[Bf-python] Blender => Cal3D mesh and animation exporter

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Wed Aug 6 06:35:59 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 19:14, Jiba wrote:
> I've just finished my Blender => Cal3D exporter script !

That's good news : ), Cal3D is surely a great addition for Blender (and
vice-versa).

Did you solve the issue with transforms (quats)?

> Is there a kind of repository of such script ? Or should i send it to the BF Python mailing liste ?

Hopefully Blender 2.29 will ship with bundled scripts, as Kent Mein
mentioned in another reply to your email.  His site is also a good place
to link / host your script, of course.  Then please tell us the link.

> BTW, is there a more optimal way than "scene.makeCurrent()" for updating IPO curve's values after calling "scene.currentFrame(new_frame)" ?

I'll improve the scene.update() method, thanks for the hint.  If it
works properly, the problem is solved.  It'll use set_scene_bg() from
blender/blenkernel/intern/scene.c, like scene.makeCurrent() does (though
it does other things first, so a .update() method is welcome).
set_scene_bg() updates ipos, actions, keys, ikas and grouping.

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br