[Bf-modeling] How to render debug data while coding a modifier?

Ha Huy Khanh khanhhh89 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 04:21:46 CEST 2015

I am implementing a new skin modifier for Blender (which is the same as
ZSphere in ZBrush). The old skin modifier, which is based on BMesh paper,
suffer from topology problem at branch nodes.

You can see my demo in this video
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLMhv66Zwtk>

The skeleton in Edit Mode is the BMesh data with only edges and vertices.
Edges represent for bones and vertices represent for spheres. I want to ask
you three questions.

   1. Where can I put the skeleton rendering code  in order to render the
   spheres and bones
   2. I have some debug temporary data (which is created inside my
   modifier: MOD_skin.c) to be rendered. Where and how can I render such data?
   3. I want, when users press some key, some function in my modifier code
   will be called. How can I do that?

Ha Huy Khanh
Student
School of Information & Communication Technology - Hanoi University of
Science & Technology
Mobile: 01686499853
Y!M: khanhaaaa
Skype: khanhhh89