[Bf-modeling] inset options

Howard Trickey howard.trickey at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 03:07:06 CEST 2015

I'm working on a possible change to inset (optional corrections for self
intersections/crossings) and was wondering about several options in the
existing tool.

Boundary - does anyone ever turn this off?
Offset Even - does anyone ever turn this off?
Offset Relative - does anyone ever turn this on?

In particular, 'offset relative' makes the geometry of what happens after
self intersections much more complicated, so I was wondering if anyone
would miss these options if they were gone and if also acted like just
'Offset Even' is on.  (And Boundary; I don't really care about Boundary,
but it does seem unlikely to me that people would turn that one off.)