[Bf-modeling] Improving the Vert Connect Tool

Jonathan Williamson jonathan at cgcookie.com
Wed Jun 19 21:05:52 CEST 2013

Hey Campbell,

I use the Vertex Connect tool (J) constantly. However, it has one major
fallback with filling in larger areas. It cannot cut through existing edges.

For example, see this screenshot where I'm beginning to fill a grid on an
NGon: http://cl.ly/PkTD

It would be great if I could cut through an existing edge like illustrated
in the screenshot. I can do this with the Knife tool, but I find it a bit
slow and cumbersome. I much prefer to just quickly cut an edge at a time
with the J key.

Jonathan Williamson
http://cgcookie.com