[Bf-modeling] Proportional Edit Mode (Connected)

Jonathan Williamson jonathan at cgcookie.com
Wed Jun 19 18:21:01 CEST 2013

Thanks for the improvements Campbell!

While on the topic of PET, the biggest improvement I think it needs is
support for Topological Length, rather than just proximity. This would work
almost exactly like Select More/Less, such that you can grow out the area
of influence, based on the adjacent, connected geometry.

Two examples of how this would be used are:

   1. Scaling just the lower lip on a character, without touching the upper
   lip.
   2. Posing an arm by rotating around the shoulder, without affecting the
   ribcage.

Each of the above is quite tricky to do with the current PET. You always
have to do a lot of cleanup work. I generally just avoid PET and do it
manually for these reasons.

Jonathan Williamson
http://cgcookie.com