[Bf-marketing] ED press release

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Wed Mar 22 23:19:17 CET 2006

Hi,

Thanks, the flow is definitely a lot better. A quote is OK to leave
out, is a bit cheesy usually anyway! :)

Some notes though;

- I still prefer using the definition "Open Movie". It's not an open
source movie... that sounds too much like software-only, whilst freeing
up the creative data itself is at least as important. We also have
'Open Movie' in our title sequence, and it is in all PR we did for the
press until now.

- The text takes the emphasis a little bit away from Blender. Improving
Blender remains the first target & goal of 'Orange', we didnt get much
contributions or support from other projects, other than that we used
their products. I don't mind to mellow the press release to have it in
a broader context (validating open source for movies in general), but
that was not what Orange was about.

- the Gnu Image Manipuation Program (GIMP)... do the gimpers really
want that name to be spelled entirely? :)

Let me make version... mailing it soon!

-Ton-