[Bf-marketing] some ideas from firefox

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 09:04:50 CEST 2006

I was reading the 'spreadfirefox site', and it brought some ideas that
we will need to handle (mostly not the marketing team but...)

1) Blender Store and possibly main site internationalization
2) Internationalization of the quickstart guide

For promotion purposes
1) Creation of buttons of various size so that individuals can link
back to Blender and and obvious place to download the buttons from
See the firefox versions here -  http://www.spreadfirefox.com/node?from=45
note that the buttons have some variations of the primary color and
size to better fit into various site designs.

2) Flyers available for download that people can use to promote
Blender by posting them on campuses and such
http://lachy.id.au/dev/mozilla/firefox/campaign/

3) ISO containing Blender - plus 'show off' materials' - plus all
needed learning and tutorial blender materials to start out - these
can be burned and then given to decisions makers for various areas.
For contents I'd recommend the Blender Movie, the Siggraph Demo real,
JoOngles coming workflow demo video, and possibly see about the three
Blender Magazines that have been published recently (depends on the
license they have for them...).

I'd also like to create a standard 1, 2, or 3 hour training course
that any modestly experienced Blender user can teach.  These would be
fairly small and self contained (I mentioned this on the edu or
docboard list) - a few possibilities are - taking a premade head and
modifying it; using premade models for a space animation; a prerigged
head for face and expression animation; or creation of simple objects.

A competition/rewards system for spreading Blender - ie points for
each course taught; for each instructor that contacts Blender
Foundation; for translation work; for creation of cool stuff that
helps promote Blender.

What are your thoughts?

LetterRip