[Bf-linux] Anybody home?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 17:05:14 CET 2011

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 12:30 AM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Richard,
> you could use cpack, tested it but there was a problem getting the svn
> version because of other changes I'd made recently,
> fixed r35192.

Hmm... That might be an option but I'm not a very experienced with
this sort of thing. I was using the official 2.56 beta source as
that's what's provided in the src RPM I'm building from. Anyone know
when the next official version will be released?

In looking at the rpmbuild spec it looks like it's using scons/make.

It may be better to start with the problem to see if cmake will fix it.

When I launch blender it looks for all sorts of files in all sorts of
places, the specific one I'm having trouble with is the modules
directory. The rpm package installs them in
"/usr/share/blender/scripts/modules" which makes sense for a system
wide install, however, blender looks in all sorts of places except
there (as verified by strace).

The closest match is "/usr/local//share/blender/2.56/scripts/modules"
(yes with the double //)

I've grep'd the entire source but can't figure out how it decides
where to look for files. I found one file, environment-unix, and tried
hard coding it to use /usr/share/blender but it didn't seem to have
any effect.

I don't think the version number needs to be in the path since it's a
system wide install and multiple versions will not be a problem.

There's a few other problems with the build but this one is the show
stopper. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Richard