[Bf-linux] Importing 3ds model - clipped and exploded

Srimal Jayawardena srimalj at gmail.com
Thu May 6 03:53:24 CEST 2010

Hi

I use blender 2.49a on Ubuntu 9.10.

I imported  this 3ds model
(http://users.cecs.anu.edu.au/~srimalj/2005Mazda3Sedan.3ds) in to
blender.

I see a sectioned and exploded model in blender (see screenshot at
http://users.cecs.anu.edu.au/~srimalj/blenderMazda3.png)

Note the wheels on the right side that have shifted away from the car
body.

Also the car seems to be sectioned across the top.

This is what I see soon after importing in to blender, without doing anything to
the model.

The model was purchased from http://www.the3dstudio.com/ and they
insist that the model is intact (not exploded) and renders well in Autodesk.

Am I doing something wrong in blender?

How can I remove the sectioning (clipping plane?) and have the parts
(wheels etc) intact and not shifted off.

Also would anyone know of 3D car models available for blender or a
format it can handle properly?

Thanks in advance

Srimal.