[Bf-linux] Portability issues

Cyril Brulebois cyril.brulebois at enst-bretagne.fr
Mon Sep 10 11:15:45 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm not sure that this belongs to this ML, but I think it could (given
the description: “[…] official builds for various linux flavors and
testing”).

When building the gfpoken package on the architectures Debian supports,
they are build failures due to Blender being unable to open a given
.blend:
| guessing 'blender-bin' == '/usr/bin/blender-bin'
| Compiled with Python version 2.4.4.
| Checking for installed Python... got it!
|
| Error: no such file or Blender text -- initdir.
| ERROR: No camera
|
| Blender quit

This happens on hppa, mips, s390, so endianness was supposed to be the
problem (http://bugs.debian.org/441216) but not on powerpc (neither on
the build daemon, or on my PowerPC G4 box). Unfortunately, I've no
access to any box of the above-mentioned kinds.

Does someone have any lead on what you could be going wrong? I also
checked the “header”, and it looks like the file has been saved using
blender 2.44, so I hoped it wouldn't suffer from portability issues.

The .blend file is available on the Debian mirrors, in the gfpoken
tarball (file: art/marbles.blend), which can be found e.g. at:
  ftp://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/gfpoken/

The current version being:
  ftp://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/gfpoken/gfpoken_0.30.orig.tar.gz

Cheers,

--
Cyril Brulebois