[Bf-linux] [patch] Compiling 2.44 with gcc4.3

Cyril Brulebois cyril.brulebois at enst-bretagne.fr
Fri May 18 09:17:53 CEST 2007

"D.J. Capelis" <djcapelis at gmail.com> (17/05/2007):
> Hey... I'm not up to date on the standards, do you happen to know if
> these are gcc specific or version specific?  We use a variety of
> compilers in blender and I can't check in anything that's going to
> break something else... at least, not without macros around them. :)

I'd say gcc-specific *and* version-specific (as in: only happens in
gcc-snapshot, in prevision of gcc 4.3).

Quoting the bug submitter (link in my previous mail):
  ``In GCC 4.3, the C++ header dependencies have been cleaned up.''

If you want to restrict something, I guess that checking for gcc and a
version strictly greater than 4.2 (released some days ago) should
suffice.

Regarding the changes in the diff:
 - I guess that the inclusion of ``additional'' (but included indirectly
   anyway with older versions) headers shouldn't hurt.
 - The newline addition should be harmless too...
 - I'm not sure about the conditional define (added because I got a
   redefine error at this point), so you might want to be particularly
   careful about this one.

There's also no problem in not commiting this right now in CVS, we
(Debian maintainers, as well as Ubuntu's, I guess) will maintain a patch
for this, but we are encouraged to report this kind of problem upstream
so that there's as little surprise as possible when gcc 4.3 is out.

Cheers,

--
Cyril Brulebois