[Bf-linux] Segmentation fault from /usr/lib/dri/i915_dri.so

Cyril Brulebois cyril.brulebois at enst-bretagne.fr
Tue Dec 11 07:51:27 CET 2007

On 05/12/2007, Dietrich Bollmann wrote:
> In order to trace down the problem I compiled the newest subversion
> sources with -g flag and started it via GDB in emacs:

Hi,

installing the mesa -dbg package would help getting a more meaningful
backtrace (which I saw you did some hours ago, thanks).

>   Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
>   0xb70f257f in ?? () from /usr/lib/dri/i915_dri.so
>   (gdb) backtrace
>   #0  0xb70f257f in ?? () from /usr/lib/dri/i915_dri.so
>   #1  0x3f800000 in ?? ()
>   #2  0x00000000 in ?? ()
>   (gdb)
>
> Sometimes it crashes faster, sometimes later - but always in i915_dri.so

Mesa bug, not blender.

> I am using Debian sid - which might be related :)
>
> Any idea what I can do?
> Would it be better to post to some other list?

Since this has been already reported against blender, reassigned to
libgl1-mesa-dri, you only have to wait until it is forwarded to the
mesa3d-dev mailing list (or its bugzilla) and until it is fixed by mesa
folks.

Cheers,

--
Cyril Brulebois