[Bf-interface] Top-Bar Design Details?

Julian Eisel eiseljulian at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 15:19:04 CET 2017

Note that the 2.8 UI workshop write-up *does* explain why something
like the top-bar is needed. It keeps things brief but covers the
reasons.

I also second what Mike said. Blender doesn't try to be different just
for the sake of being different.
I'd like to point out that the top-bar will *not* be a ribbon bar like
known from other apps. Neither a toolbar. The tabs there are used to
switch workspaces. So changing a tab may change the screen-layout, the
render-layer visible in the viewport, the interaction mode (object
mode, edit mode, etc), ...

See https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.8/UI/Workshop_Writeup#Global_Bars.