[Bf-interface] Blender 2.8 technical design doc

Christian Leon Christensen ch at christianleon.com
Sun Oct 8 21:17:25 CEST 2017

Hi Ton,

Thanks for yor quick reply!. Sorry for my late reply.

Regarding Ideas for Blender, I don't have any concrete plans except I see
that there is need for simplification or less infomation overload. I love
the program and I'm still learning it, using it mostly for sculpts. I'm
kind of wondering how I could apply some of my experience into Blender,
both to challenge myself and to help push Blender even more forward.

I have limited time with kids and family, so I don't know how much time you
(the community) would say is a minimum one would have to put in, to be of
any value.

Now I'm working at Vimond Media Solutions where I am lead design and UX on
two of our products, Vimond Monetization (for defining content packages and
subscription for VOD services) and Vimond IO (a frame accurate videoeditor,
running in the browser, capable of producing broadcast quality clips, at a
fraction of the time).
http://www.vimond.com/products/

I do pixel art from time to time, some can be seen on my twitter feed
@chrleon <http://twitter.com/chrleon>
https://twitter.com/chrleon/status/893577753123053569
https://twitter.com/chrleon/status/886710101200994304
https://twitter.com/chrleon/status/718039932393099264

I work in Sketch primarily and use Invision and origami for prototypes.

*Regarding previous work.*
What I've been doing is websites, apps, products, science-center
interactive installations, icon deisgn and some animation.
Many things of later date are still under development and NDA so I can't
share the graphics
On my website there is some real old stuff, christianleon.com.

*Stund*
App I designed and built for recording time and money spent in meetings
- design
- code
- packaging
- build and distribution to app stores
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.christianleon.getstund

*Sprekere.no* is a training app in Norway, https://sprekere.no
- I helped crack the business-model
- I designed the user flows, and UX, with some parts of the UI
- I drew some of the icons (attached)

NDLA.no - Open Educational Resources For Secondary Schools
UNDER NDA so can't share designs
Right now the website is still not redesigned, but is in the process
90.000+ educational resources
- Complete overhaul of navigational structure, mapped to state requirements
of curriculum
- Designed tools for students to study better, find relevant resources and
work more efficeint
- Helped design the new API for the portal with focus on automated metadata
- Made better tools for all editors to work together more efficient

At VilVite Science center (like NEMO) I made some art for the exhibits, but
that might not be too relevant for Blender 2.8+

For Q-meieriene.no (a norwegian dairy) I was Lead UX on redesign and on the
design of their Idea Bank <http://www.q-meieriene.no/Min-Qide>, and
designed the flows for consumer submitted ideas. This has been a great
success wit over 1000 submitted ideas and plenty of new products shipped
based on these ideas.
- Service design as part of the work, how can the organization be rigged
for 100% answers on all submitted ideas
- Designed the UX and flows for the Idea bank
- Made designs and SEO friendlt pages that help Q climb up Google-ratings
- Minor animations around the site
- oversaw most of the design, did not design too much graphically, but all
UX was my
- Information architecture on this and sister sites kavli.no, kavli.se, was
shared between all three sites and needed to be flexible but also
consistent across the sites.