[Bf-interface] Suggestions for manipulators welcome

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 03:34:39 CEST 2017

Good suggestions, spin is already done (on a basic level), screw is
quite similar (added to list).

Bevel and inset are a bit more involved.

My impression is having some arrow/handle on the screen to adjust
bevel isn't all that helpful (may as well show a number button on the
screen :) ).
Ideally we would allow the rim to be directly manipulated (so anywhere
on on the edge that is being inset could be clicked and dragged) -
same for bevel.
Is this what you had in mind?

Added "Scope of Widgets" topic here.
https://developer.blender.org/T47345

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 4:17 AM, Jonathan Williamson
<jonathan at cgcookie.com> wrote:
> A few modeling tools I’d suggest:
> - Inset (depth, size)
> - Vertex / Edge Bevel (segments, profile, depth)
> - Spin (steps, angle)
> - Screw (steps, turns)
>

> --
> Jonathan Williamson
>
> On June 18, 2017 at 9:34:10 PM, Campbell Barton (ideasman42 at gmail.com)
> wrote:
>
> Hi, it would be good to collect suggestions for areas of Blender were
> we might take advantage of manipulators.
>
> https://developer.blender.org/T51844
>
> Feel free to reply with suggestions.
>
> While it's not high priority to implement these manipulators immediately,
> its good to get an idea of the manipulators we might need to support
> to help planning the internal API's
> Some might be worth adding as proof-of-concept if they push the system
> in ways the current manipulators don't.
>
> --
> - Campbell

- Campbell