[Bf-interface] Units presets problems

Mikhail Rachinskiy mikhail.rachinskiy at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 23:43:30 CET 2016

Hi Ton, Bastien,

My name is Mikhail Rachinskiy I am an author of the "Presets for scene
units" patch, you can read about it in detail here: https://developer.blende
r.org/D1799 in brief my patch improves units panel UI and adds presets for
unit system and unit scale properties.

I agree that in current state Blender's unit system is not ideal and does
not work for all cases, and unit presets made it apparent for a number of
users and developers. Which I guess is not so terrible considering problem
is acknowledged and discussed by core developers.

I would want to ask you not to revert the whole patch if decision to remove
unit presets on the next dev meeting will be made. In which case I would
want to volunteer to prepare a patch that will revert only unit presets, UI
improvement part of the patch is still significant enough to keep.

--
Regards,
Mikhail Rachinskiy