[Bf-interface] Workflow workshop, agenda topics and preparations

Jaggz H jaggz.h at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 20:36:34 CET 2016

I'd like to add some topics for the outline (and discuss in dedicated
threads).  I'm introducing them more verbosely than should be placed in the
outline.

   1. *Settable position of Pop-up Menus (and mouse-out delay)*
   2. *Easily-assigned keyboard macros (vim-like?)*
   3. *The potential for temporary setting of operator features/options
   (macros may suffice)*
   4. *Registers (for many things, including macros)*

*Details:*

   1. *Settable position of Pop-up Menus (and mouse-out delay): ...*So
   on-screen keyboards can be used by those with disabilities (or touchscreens
   only) without the kb overlapping the menu.  (This likely entails a
   user-settable position, and a mouse-out delay or a click).
   2. *Easily-assigned keyboard macros* (vim is my model for this -- a key
   to record or set the macro, followed by a letter to which the macro is
   assigned, and something to play it back).
   3. *The potential for temporary setting of operator features/options.*
   Examples: When you're repeatedly moving items in a chosen transform
   orientation (say, shift-ZZ), each move requires g<shift>zz</shift>. which
   quickly magnifies the amount of keypresses needed  Temporarily allowing the
   zz restriction so only g is needed is one option.  *Macros are a
   potential alternative to this, if the options/features are accessible by
   the macro.*  This would also be usable for features like
   insert-edge-loop's "even and flipped", etc.
   4. *Registers:* Like the vim-method of macro recording, lettered (or
   numbered) registers can be used to store the assignment of:
      1. Macros
      2. Cllpboard items (store objects in lettered clipboards)
      3. Selections (instead of using vertex groups, the selection can be
      recorded to a register)
      4. 3D cursor positions
      5. Viewpoints (instead of cameras)
      6. Fields: Values in fields in various locations can be saved to a
      register by mousing-over and hitting the record key, followed by
the letter
      to assign it to.  [Semi-globally] a keystroke, followed by the
letter, will
      set that field back to the recorded value.

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 5:20 AM, Paweł Łyczkowski <pawellyczkowski at gmail.com