[Bf-interface] Grease Pencil Layout Proposal

Joshua Leung aligorith at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 02:58:40 CEST 2016

Hi Daniel,

Great idea. The proposed layout is quite nice!

It shouldn't be a problem to have different panels open in different
layouts. IIRC, that's one of the reasons why we have the ability to create
different screen layouts in the first place :)

About the background color, I suppose there are several options:
1) Always enable "Use World Background" in the viewports for GP
2) Perhaps a theme dedicated for GP work may also be useful?
3) Distribute a startup.blend with a GP datablock set up ready to go,
complete with a standard palette (or set of palettes even), background, and
theme settings optimised for GP usage, and put this in a place with install
instructions so that users can add this to their Blender download easily.
--> This would be like a "present day" prototype of what the eventual
Blender 2.8 workflow modes could end up like, so this could be a useful
test case for trying out what approaches work/don't work that well...

---------

BTW, there was a list of other changes we were thinking about adding to the
default setup that venomgfx had been discussing. We tend to try to not
update this file too often as it's a bit of a pain to do it, and it ends up
bloating the GIT repository if done too often.  (I'd personally love to
make the default animation layout not show both the dopesheet and graph
editor together and make the output directory for renders be "//render" at
the same time for instance instead of tmp/)

Regards,
Joshua