[Bf-interface] Blender UI Meeting Notes - April 9 2016
eiseljulian at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 21:20:43 CEST 2016
Hi, here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net
This meeting was about the viewport only:
* More design work and better communication still needed!
* Paweł Łyczkowski and Julian Eisel will join the team for UI design,
Julian will also help with UI code. More help welcome!
* We quickly set up a page for sharing viewport design docs . Will
hopefully be filled with more content soon ;)
* Question: What is going to be node-based? Everything? Only
materials? What about matcaps, viewport compositing effects (SSAO,
depth of field), Wireframes, ...? The only thing that's certainly
going to be node-based is materials.
* Antony Riakiotakis worked on a 'viewport-from-scratch' prototype
last year. Work will continue on that as a base, proposal is to move
it to a 2.8 branch soon (depends on general 2.8 planning ).
We'll schedule the next meeting via this mailing list whenever there's
a need for one.
- Julian -
More information about the Bf-interface