[Bf-interface] Blender Conference 2015

Jonathan Williamson jonathan at cgcookie.com
Tue Aug 4 00:40:22 CEST 2015

Julian,

I think a presentation around an actual development progress, presenting
how it happened, what it was, what worked, what didn't, etc, would be a
great talk. Case in point, your work with Sebastian on the node
auto-layouts.

Even though they're always fun and get people excited, a talk about plans
likely won't do much good. We've got tons of plans and ideas; that's not
the issue; the issue is manpower and time and complete said plans :)

Giving a talk on a successful model for development, and the interaction
between a group of artists and devs could go a long ways towards educating
the community on how successful development projects actually happen. I
think it's fair to say that the Auto Layout project succeeded in large part
due to Sebastian's persistence, his keen sense of workflow, and your
enthusiasm to work with him on the project. Among other reasons.

Jonathan Williamson
http://cgcookie.com