[Bf-interface] Modifier UI Proposals

Julian Eisel eiseljulian at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 22:25:00 CEST 2015

Hi there,

Today someone on IRC pointed to a proposal for the Modifier UI, which
seems mocked out pretty well and I think it's worth checking:
http://tenderlovingdesign.com/storage/blender/Modifier_Proposal.pdf
Looks like it is already a bit old but still up-to-date.

Campbell on the other hand said we should start looking into a node
based modifier system, which also sounds interesting and straight
forward: You have an Object as input, a list of modifiers visualized
as a chain of nodes, and the derived output.
This could also be the base for a more advanced modifier system, see
the new Creation Graph in 3ds Max.

I'd like to see this discussed by the UI-team, it's time that we get
something done together again.

Cheers,
- Julian -