[Bf-interface] A branch for experimental UI dev

Julian Eisel eiseljulian at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 21:01:12 CEST 2015

Hey guys!

Today I set up a new branch 'UI-experiments'
(https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/B/browse/UI-experiments/) so
we finally have a place where we can test and develop features without
having to worry about anything (well almost), it's our personal
playground. I talked about it with Pablo last week and we decided to
give it a go.

The only three rules I propose:
- No features from which we know they won't end up in master (rather
soonish). The purpose of this branch is to develop features towards
master (this also includes testing). If we don't see someone working
on a feature for a some months, and we can't see the will to do so, we
simply kick the feature out
- Features that go in must have an own up-to-date branch (local or
remote) to make the final merge with master easier. This is in the
hands of the developer of the feature - he has to prepare the feature
for final merge, which can be difficult and annoying if you need to do
it from a branch that is really diverged from master
- All added features and the people involved must be listed somewhere
so we can keep track of them easily (wiki page?)

I can take care of the branch by making sure it stays up-to-date with
master and builds fine (and maybe we can create testbuilds on and
off).

Curious to hear feedback and to get this running. If we got everything
organized we can start bombing the branch with features :)

Cheers,
- Julian -