[Bf-interface] Revising the video output interface

Sam Brubaker sam at worldsday.org
Thu Sep 4 21:10:11 CEST 2014

I believe a balance can be struck between supporting a versatile-enough
range of codecs and supporting them well. There's a lot of productive talk
to be had in that area, but I want to return to the topic of my *proposed*
UI, <http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Rocketman/Encoding_ui_proposal>because
I think it's a strong solution regardless of which particular codecs we
decide to support or depreciate in the future.

The preset menu can be a long list, or a short one. A certain codec can
either exist in the codec menu or not, but it wouldn't alter the overall
structure of my solution. My hope is that this proposed UI will open the
field so that developers can continue to add, remove, or expand on codecs
as resources permit, and the result will still be a useful interface that
makes sense.