[Bf-interface] UI Meeting Minutes - August 17th

Pablo Vazquez venomgfx at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 19:55:19 CEST 2014

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's Blender UI Meeting in irc.freenode.net
#blenderui

1) Current projects
- Meeting agrees on a much needed roadmap, just like Blender's one:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Projects

The page http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Projects/UI will be
updated with a similar layout. This is not only needed for an actual UI
roadmap, but also for more organized meetings in the future.

The list will include all major and small tasks that need attention during
the 2.7x project and beyond.

- For new mockups, let's make sure we follow the (still valid) 2.5 UI
Paradigms: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Source/UI/UIParadigms

2) Other projects
- Severin has been working on value 'ladders', a fast way to
increase/decrease values by 1/10/100/1000.
http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=75524

- Dalai needs developers feedback to see if it's worth having dedicated
sliders for Bake tile size. Basically during regular render you need small
tile sizes (CPU), while baking is faster when using big tile sizes. How to
tackle this? Do we need a dedicated X/Y sliders in the Bake panel?

The UI meeting is planned for every other week. Next meeting will be August
31st, right after the Developers meeting.

Thanks!
Pablo