[Bf-gamedev] Python logic module refactoring

FRANCISCO ORTIZ chicortiz at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 01:32:56 CET 2015

"Stability might be even more important for the game engine than it is in
other parts of blender, since bugs in a game affect the end user experience
and are much harder to workaround for an artist."

Sam Brubaker

###

You are a blessed man Mr. Brubaker. I would never put it so clearly! :)

Reminds me The Rule
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PmHRSeA2c8&feature=youtu.be&t=8m36s>...

What tends to be a nightmare for artists is when the Blender Game Engine
API is changed. Campbell will tell you that scripters are lazy, but
unfortunately (<--no sarcasm here, really) making 3D game prototypes
involves more things than making scripts...  :I

If any changes need to be made to the Game Engine I would like to suggest
two things:

1) Make something to encourage artists to use Python by simplifying the
understanding of the API
2) Or to make the game engine more robust If backwards compatibility is
going to be compromised somehow.

And by robust I mean: Something that doesn't crash.

Yours,

Ortiz